BOOK LAUNCH PARTY TONIGHT!!! NYC TWEET-UP!!!
OK, I know, all caps and three exclamation points = excessive. Still, New York City, I’m just that excited to invite you to this celebration, which has been a loooong time coming.
WED. NOV. 10: Reality Bites Back Book Launch PARTY & TWEET-Up!
Time: 7:30 – 10:30
Place: The fabulous Kush bar and lounge, 191 Chrystie St., Manhattan (212-667-7328)
Cosponsored by Women In Media & News and Culture Kitchen‘s Liza Sabater (the mighty @blogdiva on Twitter) who is cohosting this party to double as a NYC indy media and feminist progressive tweet-up. Also supported by Paradigm Shift (scan down page).
After transcribing every episode of three
seasons of “Flavor of Love,” after NOT accepting “The Bachelor’s” rose for fourteen seasons, it’s finally here — Publication! Freedom from The Real Housewives of…everywhere! Sleep! (No, wait, none of that yet.) Come help this insomnia celebrate at the official book launch party for Reality Bites Back!
I’m so excited to party with you in celebration of this book. Kush is a gorgeous and fun space, and we’ll have great people, tasty treats, strong cocktails, maybe some dancing… and a pile of books, ‘natch. (Bluestocking will be selling books at the party — twist my arm, I’ll sign ’em for you.)
I’ll be providing the tasty treats — including appetizers from Kush and cupcakes from Sweet Melissa’s and The Chocolate Room (at least for the first arrivals… you know you want some, so show up early). Alas, no open bar, but I’m going to have a bit of free food for you, and if you want more, it’s half off food and drinks at happy hour before 9pm.
Please RSVP at Facebook, or or leave a comment below, or at the calendar listing here.
Hope to see you there!
Not in NY? That’s OK — catch me across the country on my Reality Bites Back book tour (times and locations here, and RSVP to Facebook invites via the “Events” tab):
- Nov. 12-14: National Women’s Studies Conference, Denver, CO (A. Jennifer L. Pozner will be moderating a panel on Gender, Race, Sexuality, and Documentary Filmmaking on Friday at 9:25am, and a wine and cheese reception with Jennifer and Seal Press for Reality Bites Back on Saturday from 5:10 – 6:10
- Nov. 15: “Project Brainwash” multimedia lecture at The Art Institute, San Francisco, CA
- Nov. 16: Lunchtime public conversation between me and Jennifer Siebel Newsom, filmmaker and First Lady of San Francisco, at the International Museum of Women; San Francisco, CA
- Nov. 17: “Sh@t My TV Says,” a Reality Bites Back reading and public conversation with entertainment journalist Janice Rhoshalle Littlejohn, moderated by activist Morgane Richardson, Los Angeles, CA
- Nov. 19: Reality Bites Back reading at Wellesley Booksmith, Wellesley, MA
- Nov. 20: Reality Bites Back reading with pioneering filmmaker and author Jean Kilbourne, Trident Books, Boston, MA
- Nov. 22: Reality Bites Back reading at Busboys & Poets in Washington, DC
- Dec. 1: “Project Brainwash” multimedia lecture Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
If you’re involved with a bookstore and would like to plan an event — or if you’re on a college or high school
campus or based at a community organization and would like to organize and sponsor a multimedia lecture or media literacy workshop on gender, race, class and the media — please be in touch by phone or email.